Egg Frittata Recipe
Eggs are a whole meal on their own, packed with a lot of nutrients good for the body. It is no wonder eggs are usually the go-to protein used in most recipes. From boiling to frying to using them in baked goods, eggs can be served in so many ways. The Indians have a unique way of making an omelet, which is called egg frittata. A recipe enriched with a lot of flavors and nutrients, it is a must-have for breakfast and even for lunch.
Egg frittata is prepared with essential ingredients, and if you are looking for ways to have a whole different taste of omelet, I recommend you should try this recipe. What you would need for making egg frittata are:
- 7 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 chopped bell red pepper
- Sliced mushrooms or any vegetable mix of your choice
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 seasoning cubes
- Butter/olive oil
- Mozzarella cheese
How to Prepare:
1. Crack the eggs into a bowl, add salt, black pepper and the milk.
2. Using a hand whisk, whisk the eggs for a few minutes till the ingredients mix up, then set it aside.
3. Turn on your cooker to low heat. With a saucepan, add the butter or olive oil. I prefer the use of butter because of its flavorful taste. Add the chopped onions and garlic and fry while stirring until it is translucent.
4. Then add the chopped green and red pepper and stir it in. Don’t overcook the peppers as you want the vibrant colors of the peppers to stand out still.
5. When this has cooked for 2 minutes, add the sliced mushrooms or any vegetable mix of your choice.
6. Check for seasoning and then add the seasoning cubes to taste.
7. Afterward, add in the whisked eggs and grate a chunk of mozzarella cheese over the egg mixture.
8. Make sure the cooker is on low heat, cover the saucepan and allow to cook for 8-10 minutes until the eggs are cooked through. You would notice the cheese has melted in with the eggs giving it a yummy cheese taste and pull.
9. There is no need to flip the egg just like when frying eggs normally. Just leave it to cook and then dish it out.
10. Using a paring knife, cut a slice of the egg frittata just like pizza and serve alone or alongside bread or rice.
Chef’s recommendation: serve whilst hot. The meal can be accompanied by either hot or cold beverages. The explosion of taste that is the Egg Frittata makes it an all occasion delicacy.